Paschim Medinipur District Chamber of Commerce & Industry has its mission to facilitate achieving self-sufficiency in every sphere, promote overall economic development of our district, redress different problems faced by trade, industry & service sectors. The mission needs to address basically the human development, infrastructure development and development of productive sectors of the district keeping in view its natural resources, animal resources, state of productive sectors like agriculture, animal husbandry, processing industry etc., besides the status of physical and social infrastructures like transportation, power supply, irrigation, education, health, drinking water supply, sanitation etc.
PMDCCI acts as a bridge between the trade/industry & different departments of State & Central Govt. Besides safeguarding the legitimate interests of the members, rendering service to the common people has been one of the prime objectives ever since its inception.
- Industry: Our object towards overall advancement and welfare of the industries of this region.
Participation in the District Level and State Level Meeting, Organisation of awareness programme etc. are important aspects of industry.
- Banking: Banking is strongly relevant to the interest of our members. We have been very alert on the various banking policies being implemented from time to time and try to safeguard the interests of Bank customers.
The problems faced by the entrepreneurs, members are to be taken up with the Banking Authorities and District Administration. Regular contact with the District Co-ordinators, Regional Managers of Banks and participation in the Monthly Bankers’ Meeting.
- Taxation: Taxation is another area where our chamber has been very active and alert to protect the legitimate interest of the assesses. From time to time, organisation of interactive session with the officials of Commercial Taxes Department, Govt. of West Bengal and brought the problems to their notice.
- Electricity: Electricity plays a vital role in our daily life at Homes, Shops and Industries. Constant persuasion to bring about improvement in power supply. Organized interactive session with the local as well as higher authorities of W.B.S.E.D.C.L.
Draw attention to the frequent power failure, delay in providing new connections, arrange for online payment of Electricity Bills.
- Telecommunication: Issues related to telecommunication have always been the chamber’s concern. Draw attention of the problems of members as well as other subscribers to the notice of the authorities from time to time.
- Railways: Railways have always received our utmost attention. We continuously perused with the authorities for obtaining the facilities and amenities for passengers of South Eastern Railway.
Attention may be drawn to timely running of train, neat and clean platform, and distribution of pending railway stall, pending work of Giri Maidan to Kharagpur Rly. Double Line etc.
- Weights & Measures: Organisation of “One Week Weight & Measures Camp” in close association with the District Legal Metrology Department, Govt. of West Bengal for the benefit of local traders.
- Shops & Establishment: Organisation of ‘Two Days Shops and Establishment Camp’ for registration and renewal of the certificates by Shops and Establishment Department, Govt. of West Bengal.
- Labour: Chamber can play a vital role to maintain friendly labour relation by resolving disputes through discussion and interaction.
- Health & welfare: Maintain liaison with the District, Sub-Division and Block Hospitals so that the the members can avail proper treatment and health facilities. Health Awareness Camp and Blood Donation Camp may be organised.
- General: To provide best possible civic amenities to the peoples of Paschim Medinipur District
- To be active to maintain the law and order of the area.
- Holding temporary fortnightly fitness camp for vehicles
- Repair of roads and Traffic control in the towns
- Participated in environmental programme with the West Bengal Pollution Control Board. Arrangement of AWARDS for ideal food stalls / restaurants / hotels / shops.
- Compulsory use of Dustbins by the shop owners
- Introduction of Ambulance for providing health services to the members and others.
- Aid for victimised people due to natural calamities like flood, cyclone, earthquake etc.